GLO Map, 1921
San Carlos Ind. Res., Station on Arizona-Eastern R. R. about 15 miles east of San Carlos. Will be covered by waters of San Carlos reservoir. Road has been rebuilt on a higher grade above flow line.
"Station first called Dewey but was washed out by a big flood. When rebuilt name was changed to Calva, after a local Apache sub-chief, who lived here and had a small farm on the river. " Letter, S. T. Arkills, Globe.