USGS Map, 1923
In T. 5 N., R. 1 E. Lies between Agua Fria and New river. After Capt. M. H. Calderwood, Speaker Ninth Legislature 1877; at Tubac 1865 and at Camp Mason, 1866, as Captain California Volunteers Died, Phoenix, May 15, 1913. For twenty-five years ran the stage station at crossing of Agua Fria river on Black Canyon road. Station was some 6 miles from present town of Marinette. Called Agua Fria station on the old maps. P.O. opened Jan 6, 1892, under name Calderwood, Amer. D. McGinnis, P.M.