GLO Map, 1921
Elevation 5,128 feet. Station and division point on A. T. & S. F. R. R. For many years stages for Prescott started from here. In Jan. 1892, the Prescott-Phoenix branch began building south from Ash Fork. Named by F. W. Smith, Gen'l Supt. of old Atlantic and Pacific R. R. in 1882, because of ash trees on the town site. P.O. established April 2, 1883, Henry W. Kline, P.M.